Author Topic: BlazeByte's closure  (Read 286 times)

BBF08

• Community Manager
  • Mass Silver Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • www.peter-west.co.uk
BlazeByte's closure
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:30:59 am »
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted!

If you don't know me, I founded BlazeByte back in 2006.

Anyway, I'm afraid the time has come to "close" BlazeByte. This is due to a number of reasons - first, because I felt that the forums becoming a place for spambots would be a sad way to see BlazeByte go, and secondly, because I wanted to ensure BlazeByte is remembered for the good times - its products and community. That is why I have replaced BlazeByte.org with a web page which points users to pspWxp and Gnextop, and explains the reasoning behind the closure.

That is not to say that the community is dead. I've left these forums alive so it can continue to be used, and I've also created a Google Group as a more permanent replacement for the forums. A Facebook group exists, and we now have a GitHub account. I've also re-hosted the old forums, from 2006-2011 and 2012-2013, and the blog.

Everything has been moved to a different hosting provider, so if any admins require access for maintenance, please PM me, or find me on the Google Group.

Please continue to use these forums, I hope they can still be useful for sharing ideas and maintaining the community.

Thanks,
Peter West (BBF08)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:49:04 am by BBF08 »
- The Big Cheese

pspwxp fan

• Mass Bronze Lunatic
  • Trololol
    • View Profile
Re: BlazeByte's closure
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 01:35:42 am »
Thanks for leaving the forums open :)
And super thanks for the archives. They have special memories attached to them ^_^

jmc92

• Platinum Maniac
    • View Profile
    • zizle
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:25:24 pm »
I suppose it was indeed time, this is alot like another site I'm on... We don't seem to have spam problems, but not a post in even a few weeks.
I'll remember this site now and then, and make a post when I can. And since the url has changed, hopefully the spambots won't follow :)

Ale

• Levia Studios (Founder)
  • Karate Master
  • Wax on Wax off
    • View Profile
    • Levia Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:01 pm »
Hello, Ale here again. :3 Didn't know this was happening. So assuming any of you still check every now and then wassup?

jmc92

• Platinum Maniac
    • View Profile
    • zizle
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:31:06 pm »
Not much is uppp :P

Ale

• Levia Studios (Founder)
  • Karate Master
  • Wax on Wax off
    • View Profile
    • Levia Studios
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 09:29:56 pm »
Miss this place. We should def start a new forum though and let BB rest as a PSP site, it will be a good memory. Ill talk to YesMan see if we can figure something out haha because I have a lot of crap to dump, me and wp, armand and YesMan so yeah... :P